The first thing you need to acknowledge when looking for ideas for a 5 year anniversary is that five years isn’t a short time. You and your partner have made it through years after your vows and have gotten to the wood anniversary. Your fifth anniversary is a testament to the growth and strength of your marriage.
Your spouse deserves a thoughtful gift and quality time with you. They also need to know that you appreciate them. This is why we’ve put together an excellent list of 5 year anniversary ideas that will ensure you and your spouse celebrate the bond you share.
Outdoor Dating Ideas
We’re sure that you’re tired of visiting all your favorite bars and restaurants or that you’ve seen all the movies on your ‘to-watch’ list. Celebrating your anniversary with takeout is out of the question, and you’re looking for a unique date or an outdoor activity. The unique ideas for a 5 year anniversary we’ve put together will help you nurture your relationship and weave some fun into your celebration.
- Pull out your yoga mats, head to a park, and get your exercise on.
- Get into a nerf gun war with your partner or play paintball
- Scavenger hunt in favorite places around the city
- Grab fresh fruit and veggies at a pick-your-own farm
- Get creative and do an art project together
- Set up a projector and enjoy a movie night under the stars
- Light a fire pit, roast marshmallows, or make s’mores
- Drive to a nearby neighborhood or city and pick out your dream house
- Enjoy a walk at the beach by moonlight
- Tour a part of the city you don’t ordinarily frequent
- Feel the breeze against your skin on a zip line
- Go for a hike in a new location
- Spend the day at a national park or check out national monuments in your area
- Take sailing lessons or have a romantic meal on a boat
- Visit an outdoor skating rink
- Build a snowman or a snow fort together
- Find a stream or pond nearby and skip rocks with your partner
- Walk to the highest point in your city and take in the view while sipping on your favorite beverage
- Lie outside in hammocks and read to each other
- Wear your most comfortable clothes and go for a camping trip
- Enjoy an outdoor concert or festival
- Ride your bikes to your favorite spot in the city
- Buy some bread and head to a local pond, and feed the ducks
- Tackle an outdoor home improvement project
- Go to a street food festival
- Spend the day at a theme park
- Sneak your way into the pool, make sure you don’t get caught
- Pick up a coffee and stroll through the neighborhood
- Play tourists for the day and visit tourist attractions in your city
- Attend a baseball game or visit a local batting cage
- Rent a convertible and let the wind blow through your hair
- Visit your local state fair
- Download a geocaching app and spend the day exploring
- Check out a sculpture garden
- Rent a campervan and brave the outdoors
- Take a nature walk
Home Dating Ideas
- Learn more about each other’s family history
- Unplug your devices and have some deep conversations
- Stage a lip-syncing battle
- Make a list of all your favorite tracks, then play it all day long
- Dress as each other and spend the day acting as your partner would
- Dress up as your favorite superheroes, then discuss why who you support is better
- Gather all your favorite snacks, scary movies, face masks, and have a spouse sleepover
- Play truth or dare
- Play a round of poker. The winner gets a massage
- Turn your home into a spa and take turns rubbing each others’ feet
- Host a fondue party and make your spouse the guest of honor
- Have a chocolate tasting
- Challenge your spouse to a cook-off
- Sign up for a cooking class
- Enjoy a virtual museum tour
- Have a paint off
- Create a scrapbook of the good old days
- Redecorate your bedroom
- Have breakfast in bed
- Star in your own comedy or romantic show
- Meditate together
- Do some crafts together
- Play would you rather
- Recreate your first date
- Say your vows again
- Create a bucket list
- Write down financial goals for the next five years
- Host a trivia night
- Draw portraits of your spouse
- Pretend it’s Christmas
- Order a three-course meal from different restaurants
- Make an ice cream sundae bar
- Do a blind taste test
- Write your love story
- Feed each other dinner while blindfolded
- Make ’10 things I love about you’ list
If it is within your budget, perhaps book some time away with your other half to spend some quality time together.
If you don’t think wooden gifts fit into your ideas for a 5 year anniversary, try gifting your loved one silverware or the 5-year anniversary stone of Sapphire. Remember that even though we will put down some gift ideas, it’s ok to pick something you think represents your love better.
5 Year Anniversary Gift For Him
- Customized Hunting Knife – While a hunting knife isn’t exactly a traditional gift, customizing it with wooden handles sure fits the wood theme. If your husband loves the outdoors, he will love having something from you when he’s out camping, hunting, or fishing. Even if he doesn’t love the outdoors, he can still use the knife around the house.
- A Custom Whiskey Gift Box – Your husband won’t see this gift coming. Personalize his wooden whiskey box with unique glasses and whiskey stones so he can feel special each time he shares a drink with you or one of the boys. Just the thought that you went out of your way to ensure the customized box will mean everything to him. Better yet, it’s a gift he’ll make use of for years to come.
- Photo On Wood – Wood prints are the in-thing, and there’s no denying that they’re a unique gift. If you’d like to preserve the memories you and your husband share, a photo on wood is the perfect gift. If your husband is environmentally conscious, he will love this gift since the printing process is environmentally friendly and allows the natural beauty of the wood allows your picture to shine through.
- Wooden Man-Cave Sign – Your husband most likely has a man cave inside or outside the house. Show him that you appreciate his effort to indulge in self-care by getting official signage for his personal space. He will appreciate that his space has been made official and can finally put his name on it. Whether the sign goes above the garden shed, garage, or home office, it’s one of the best ideas for a 5 year anniversary gift for him.
- A Silver And Sapphire Ring – A silver and sapphire ring is a sure sign that you and your partner will enjoy plenty of anniversaries in the future. The ring is a showstopper, and the sapphire set on silver is absolutely gorgeous! We guarantee that he will receive plenty of compliments on how it stands out against his skin while showing his sense of fashion. In addition, it will always remind him of the lengths you went to ensure he had the best fifth-anniversary gift.
- Silver Golf Ball Marker – If your partner is a golf-lover, this is a suitable gift for him. This gift will remind him of his passion for gold, and you can engrave it with cheesy or romantic messages such as ‘5 years and counting’ or ‘you’re my hole in one.’ If he keeps misplacing his ball marker, order a magnetic hat clip that goes with it and put it on his hat to keep it in place.
- Engraved His & Hers Silver Spoons – Engraved his and hers silver spoons can make excellent coffee spoons or ice-cream spoons. They’re the perfect 5 year anniversary gift for you and your husband to use together.
- Silver Fishing Hook – This gift is perfect for the man who loves being on the water fishing. Even if they aren’t fans of the activity, they will appreciate this gift and keep it as a keepsake or reminder of your 5 year anniversary.
5 Year Anniversary Gift For Her
You’ve been together 5 years, and she’s excited about the milestone you’ve reached. With that being said, this anniversary is exceptional, and you have to get her a gift she will never forget.
- Wooden Anniversary Card – Sending a card along with your gift is always a good idea. But, it’s even better if the card is wooden because then, she can hold onto it for much longer. This adorable gift doubles up as both a card and a gift, so you don’t have to worry about buying something extra if you don’t have the budget for it.
- Wooden Coaster Set – A wooden coaster set will be the perfect gift if she loves her coffee. Set the bar higher by customizing it with cute designs of her name or an inside joke. You can be sure that she will use these a lot and display them for all her friends, family, and guests to see.
- Photo-Engraved Plaque – This is one of those gifts she will cherish for a long time to come. Whether you pick a sweet photo from your wedding, a photo you took when they weren’t looking, or a photo of your entire family, she will love it that you thought to immortalize the memory.
- A World Map – How cute would a personalized wooden map of the world look in her favorite corner of your home? You can custom this map by adding pushpins to mark all destinations you’ve been together and add separate colored ones for those you want to visit.
- Sapphire Pendant – If you’re all about embracing the modern while still throwing it back to the past, a sapphire pendant will make her squeal in delight. The gemstone’s saturated color will reflect light and add a little class to anything she’s wearing. Whether it’s jeans and a t-shirt or a cocktail dress, they will match beautifully, and she’ll love it!
- Coffee Spoon Set – This is the perfect set for tea parties, but they will make a great addition to her collection of coffee spoons. Not only is this coffee set functional, but it’s a great addition for home décor when set out on a coffee bar, at the liquor cabinet, or in a mason jar.
- Penny Keychain Charms – These charms are so unique your partner will want to hold onto them for as long as they can. Make sure you customize them by asking the artist to engrave the date of your wedding, both of your initials and sweethearts around them.
- A Framed Daisy – A daisy in a frame is a modern gift that’s too charming to ignore. It’s a combination of wood and daisies, which are themes of the fifth anniversary. The flower stands out against the wood and is a lovely reminder of the love you and your sweetheart share.
Perhaps, if you need more gift ideas, Check out our page on 23 Amazing Ideas for 5 Year Anniversary Gift That Are Best for Him and Her
Need A Little More Inspiration?
If you feel it will be too difficult to choose only one activity or gift from our collection of ideas for a 5 year anniversary, why not combine a couple? Fill up your day or night with two, three, or more activities and enjoy your anniversary as much as you can.